View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BCSad

19 year old heroin user in my home

Hi allFirst if all my mind is so scrambled that I first posted this to the wrong forum it was for new recovery not for family’s and friends of addicts.
This is the first time I’ve used any forum. I’m not on social media and am a very private person. However after reading some posts here I realize this might be the right place for me. My 19 year old daughter has been smoking heroin in my home for the past couple of months. I just found this out about 4 weeks ago I had absolutely no idea and since then my life has been turned upside down. She detoxed for about 5 days when I found out and we had resources in place to help her with recovery. Long story short I’ve been going to the counseling and she has decided to use again. wow this addiction takes hold fast and furiously to say the least. She doesn’t leave her room doesn’t work but manages to get $ and get heroin and does this all while living under my roof or without me or her stepdad seeing it. Her personality has changed and she’s isolating and avoiding at all costs like not even leaving her room for 12 hours. I’m in constant fear she is dead in her room and have to knock and make sure she’s alive. My life is now sleeping with two naloxone kits by my bedside table and constant fear of losing her. We have also isolated ourselves from everyone because of this complete dysfunctional and insane situation. I have asked her to leave this weekend because we have company staying with us and I just can’t have her doing what she’s doing and pretending like everything is ok! Wtf this is nuts. I’m not sure what to do if she doesn’t leave?? Anyone else gone through this?