Old 12-16-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
yeah scott i do feel the right person could look at my crudentials "reinvent" me and possibly find me something.

But its a long shot finding that right person. years ago i found one and it was very helpful but i like tripped over that.

I honestly cant think of a job i even want to have short of bagging groceries or a variety of other things that dont pay enough.

i saw a meme the other day things i like to do in a circle, things I want to do in a circle these 2 circles merged. Then another circle things that make money in a circle all by itself.

Thats how i feel about jobs nothing i wanna do pays squat. ther emight be something else i can do that might pay more and I just dont realize it but just speculating as to what those could also be and i cant think of a one that i'd actually wanna do.

I dont particularly mind what i'm doing but it has to remain manageable or i'll go bonkers and it has to make enough money. I'm doing ok at keeping it manageable but its not making money so my lifes unmanageable in many ways as a result.

all of those programs out there are good. I simply dont have time and honestly the payoff with the time put in isnt all that great.

I member one itme years ago going to a chamber function. was a whole lot of broke struggling people like me trying to get somewhere. Then sitting quietly alone ignoreing everyone was the few that where doing fine and just enjoying a night out iwth the boys at the chamber function.

It was just a waste and I had to pay for my drinks and all with money i really didnt have at the time. But I was trying to be positive and drum up sales.
A long shot is a lot better than "no shot", right? I have personally gone back to school as my empolyment has been in a rocky place for the past several years. Not suggesting that that you also go back to school, but I mention it because it was a HUGE departure for me and something I would not have considered had I not talked to someone about it.

Bottom line- you have skills and the ability to learn new ones. Lamenting the past won't get you a new vocation, but talking to someone who can help will certainly help you feel lest loss in the process.