Old 12-12-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
BullDog777

Briansy,

I know how hard this is to do long term. Especially when for me, most of my adult life was spent in relapse mode. It's the instant gratification...something tangeable that will immediately change how we feel about ourselves. This is how addictive behavior manifests itself. That's why it's so hard to change.

It's not for me to say or anyone else when you're ready or how serious you are. I look at this place like a virtual meeting room with hundreds of chairs for anyone who is suffering or is in recovery to sit down and share their story. You've earned that chair any way you look at it. People need to hear you just as much as they need the people who have decades. This only works when we extend the hand out to another sufferer. Alone-this cannot be overcome. So, I emplore you to keep sharing like you have and keep talking about the struggle.

Early sobriety sucks. It does for everyone and nobody who has any real time is gonna tell you any differently.

All I'm gonna say to you is to hang in there. I'm glad you have 13 days . Now make it another. An then another. If s#it starts to hurt, come here and keep doing what you're doing. I appreciate your candor. We need to help everyone we can get better from this, and I'm glad you're here.

Hang in there.