View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 02:09 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
2muchpain

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Just re read your post and am not aure if you are drinking or just musing ?

I have been sober avout 19 months and for the most part the obsession to drink has left me. About 3 weeks ago I could feel the obsession starting to creep in. That horrible gnawing feeling that I just didn't want to live my life without wine! Anyway it did pass and a couple of days later I was sat in my AA homegroup meeting and one lady (my ex sponsor actually) who has been sober for 5 years, was sharing how someone she knew had relapsed and she was really angry with her and intolerant of her situation she said she just couldn't understand why people would relapse??! In my share I said I could completely understand why someone would drink again. That when that obsession hits it is like being possessed by an entity. An entity that wants alcohol at any cost. My point is that people forget. In recovery, when we are not drinking and the obsession has left, it is very easy to forget just how hard it is to chained to alcohol. To wake up not giving a crap about anything except where our next drink is coming from.

I admire people who come back I really do. It could easily be me.
Your post reminded me of when I told the people at an AA meeting that I relapsed. This one guy used his fingers to make the shape of an L on his forehead, meaning of course, loser. Lessened learned. John