View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by aabh View Post
Yes, he went back on Monday night and that's when things went a bit bad on our way to the airport. He got really emotional about things and said he didn't know what he was feeling anymore, but worked it (so I thought) by the time we got to the airport. He called me on video before the flight took off and said he missed me already and was crying a bit. He said the next thing is for me to come back to Amsterdam next week. Then just yesterday is when he said he needed space to heal on his own and without pressure. He said he didn't want me to wait as he didn't know how long it was going to take.

To be honest, I have not thought about much as I am still in shock about it all. It's just happened so fast without any rhyme or reason. Would he still be considered a full addict if he's out of rehab and actively in recovery ? I know the craving are difficult to break and meth is a hell of a drug, but I feel confused.
Well and addict will never not be an addict.

I think the easiest way to understand it is if you look at say, alcohol.

I assume you aren't addicted to alcohol and neither am I. You and I could go to lunch and say have a beer each and not think twice about it and off we would go.

An active addict would have a really hard time stopping at 1 and might even find it impossible.

An addict in recovery can never have a drink, not ever again. To do so would, eventually, put them right back where they are.

I'm speaking generally here of course, there are a few rare exceptions to that.

So your BF will never not be an addict. He can be in recovery which means being mindful to never, ever drug again.

Honestly, it sounds to me like he just wants to use. Two visits have had him breaking up with you then not wanting to and the other was - who knows what that was.

You have a guy here who is probably using and just can't tell you the truth. Plus he also has an addiction to sex, so he has cheated on you repeatedly. I don't know him but I don't understand at all what you see in this relationship for YOU.