Old 12-07-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Sao, I admit if I were working in a party company I don't think I'd be hitting the bars with colleagues. Even at my last job when I was still drinking I wouldn't have done that. But then, I lived 25 miles away from work, so just getting home would have been problematic. DUIs in my state go on a permanent record and cost upwards of $20,000 to defend, mandatory - that's a lot of money and I don't want a record.
Yeah I'm not sure I could either bim but this was more like an indoor bbq rather than a bar - there was a huge wood fired pizza oven and then later on we played an old Tudor game called shuffleboard so although most people were drinking the focus was not solely on the booze so it it was fine with me. We have a few muslims working at our place so our Xmas parties are always inclusive of non drinkers. The younger folk had a nightclub downstairs for the early hours partying (obviously I didn't go there). The other advantage was that I could have walked home in 20mins if I wanted to although I ended up sharing an Uber.

Where I live is party town 24/7but I don't really pay much attention thesedays. Besides, who wants to pay £6.50 for a pint of beer.