View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
trailmix

How this helps you, I'm not sure? And do you need to be there to hold his hand while he sorts all this out? I mean it's NICE that she realizes he needs help, but is couples counselling the way to go about that?

You might be far more ahead if you left him to the therapist and you got your own counselling. When do you see her next? I suppose more will be revealed then, to see her approach.

As for his drinking, well, at least he was forthcoming on what he plans to do and that is not quit. He has decided to continue drinking. What is your boundary on that?

While I think that is a nice gesture, it screams that we have a huge problem. My boundary is, if husband drinks I will not be around him. I don’t know if that means leaving the room or leaving and coming home. But that is my boundary.
It is a nice gesture and yes, you do have a big problem. I think deciding how you will deal with that is a good idea. Do you just leave the room or do you go home? Personally, I would go home. Well actually I wouldn't be going at all, but that's my personal view.