View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Ah, sorry you lost your post Aly! I am so grateful for you!
Astro, thank you for that comment about playing the tape through. That has been a successful tool for me and I need to remember it always.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who still may get an urge to drink at times even after long sobriety. Fortunately these times are rare now and I have not given in. Lately, AV was a bit more powerful. This experience has made me realize that my biggest trigger really is any situation that makes me feel overwhelmed and powerless. In the past, it was my son. Now it’s my Dad. But it could be anything that brings on these feelings. It could be my husband some day or many other things. I am grateful that I felt really strong today and all those urges have completely left my mind 😊
Grateful for the wisdom and support from this forum and especially the grat pack. You are all part of my collective higher power 😊.
Grateful sonny boy got a pep talk from his karate instructor that he’s doing really well and has nothing to worry about with the test. He’ll do fine
Grateful when I took sonny boy to the bookstore, we walked in and he said “ah, I love the smell of books.” He was totally serious. My adorable little book nerd 🤓
Grateful my Dad found some poems he had written long ago to his ex loves, one being my mom, and read them to me on the phone. We had a good cry together.
Grateful to get some more guidance today
Grateful for my work team
Grateful for patience
Grateful for a clear and sober mind