Old 12-04-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Amaranth

I've been hanging around here for about a year and a half. I read a lot more than I post. I find reading other people's posts and the replies very useful and often find answers to my questions without actually having to ask the questions. One of my favourite slogans is "listen and learn" and I find this works for me here in this forum.

Posting is a big deal for me. I have never done social media or blogging or posted anywhere on the internet and I was very, very uncomfortable when I first posted on sober recovery, it being the first time I had ever posted anything on the internet. I am still not that comfortable with it but it's getting easier. I also don't understand a lot of the abbreviations and I find that a bit frustrating.

When I do decide to post something I usually write it, delete it, write it again, delete it, procrastinate a bit more, write it and then delete it and go to bed. I guess I'm just not confident with anything I have to say. I'm not in a place where I feel like I have any wisdom to offer. I do try to share a bit of my own experience where I think it might be useful.

I'm so very grateful to all the people that do take the time to answer posts and the time they dedicate to thoughtfully and generously share their wisdom.

I'm also very aware that this type of thing only functions because people participate. If it was full of only readers and no writers it would cease to exist.