View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
honeypig

res01, welcome to SR. Yep, going to chime in that words are pretty much worthless, actions are what counts (and I find this to be true no matter who I'm dealing with, A or not!). If he was serious about starting recovery, you wouldn't be asking how long you should expect to wait for him to take action, you'd just see the blur of him flying out the door to a meeting...

Along those lines, have you considered Alanon for yourself? I found SR plus Alanon to be a strong combination in my early recovery. Each has its own strengths and worked together very well for me. Just like AA, you can likely find multiple meetings, depending on how rural or urban your area is, and it's free to attend.

You can't control your A's actions, but you can sure start taking control of your own life. Posting here is a good start. As another member said, it will be very beneficial for you to read as much as you can here. And just like w/your A, it's going to be actions that count in your case too.

Hope you continue to come here and also that you find an Alanon meeting, the sooner the better.