Old 12-03-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

I see good things.

I see a partner who threatened you is now out of your life.

You can now tackle what you need to without dealing with a threatening persons energy.

You’re feeling a stirring within you to quit drinking, which is a positive force, it is the life force in you wanting to thrive in the middle of your self destruction.

You’re grieving normally and moving through the pain of a breakup, going bravely through a dark tunnel while considering quitting drinking right in the middle of it.

New year, new you. There are a million fish in the sea, and most of them do not threaten the people they love.

It’s impossible to find hope in the bottom of a bottle. You get stuck down there. The darkness is like quicksand, and it won’t let you see any hope, but I think even down there in the bottle you know that’s a lie the booze is whispering in your ear, to get you to sink down even farther, to forget it all and just drink, sink yourself down to ruin, disease and death.

Listen to the part of you that wants to quit, and ignore the lies.

The best way to move through a broken heart is to do it sober, and the best way to start fresh is to do it without unhealthy influences in our environment.