Old 12-03-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
MissStranger

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. I have been where you are in the past- especially with the extreme anxiety and depression. I too drank to calm my anxiety. I always loved that feeling that developed about 4 drinks in. That giddy "everything is good/hopeful" false sense of reality that quickly escalated down the rabbit hole where I'd end up waking up on the floor or having no memory of the night before.

I quit 8 days ago, and what is keeping me going is setting short term goals. Once the fog lifts, you will start to have more energy, and you'll see things clearer. I haven't felt this clear in 8 years.

I cleaned and organized my place from top to bottom, It makes me feel good to have my home base in order. That was my start. It may seem like a small step, but I feel like with my home surroundings in order, I can step outside and tackle something else.

I think you'll find that the weight will start to come off naturally given that you're not consuming so many calories in alcohol. I calculate that I was taking in about 7,000 calories a week from alcohol. By making that simple change- you're most likely cutting your calories in half!

Just stick with it, the fog will lift, and the energy will start to flow again.

Hugs to you.