View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Alysheba

Grateful to have a one on one training session at ARF. I thought the woman who was training was super weird. I'm supposed to have another one with her next week, incl written and oral/onthe job tests. I don't think I really want to do it. I have to get a hold of my supervisor tomorrow and cancel the rest of that ridiculous "training". The basics are, you go into the dog condo, making sure the dog doesn't escape, big no no. He/she have to have 4 on the floor if they jump on you, so you either tell them to sit, if they know how or throw treats and say, find it. Then you try to get them to relax and the behaviours that you should leave by. Big whip, right? I have to read a bunch of xeroxs to make sure I "have it down". I think it's major overkill and if they are going to treat volunteers like that, maybe I'll stick with laundry and sign up to foster for a few hours or whatever. This trainer woman was flipping weird-o.
Grateful I can see when I don't want to waste my time doing something that doesn't feel right to me. She even told me there was an unwritten word, that volunteers don't talk to the staff. I'm thinking,over half the people who work there are my friends and I talk to them all the time. Even as she and I walked around, the staff was saying hi to me. This I don't need. I think that's weird. I wonder if the powers that be know of her weirdness. Sorry for the kvetching.
Grateful I'm my own person, right or wrong.
Grateful for genuine people here. Grateful for unpretentiousness.
Grateful so much for all of you. I am so appreciative of you. ♥♥♥