View Single Post
Old 12-03-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
CT4

I met with a family law attorney today. The same attorney that got me sole custody with supervised visits when our daughter was a baby, before he got sober. The attorney was shocked that I was there. I said for eight years my husband has been amazing and my rock. Now he is spiraling. Anyway it turns out that even with a full-time job and support from him I will not be able to stay in our home, and will have to probably move out of the area. Which then makes it tricky for custody issues. I told him I was just gathering information and I wasn’t ready to do anything yet. He said to start making notes of everything, but he really hopes that my husband gets his life together.

I found out today that last month my husband went away on a brothers two-week trip that they always take. Evidently my husband was drinking every single night. Nobody thought a phone call to me was warranted. I know it’s not shocking or could make a difference, but it’s seeming that my husband has no problem drinking in front of others in the last few months, but nobody told me or warned me. I’m not mad, just disappointed it’s so many people can cover for an alcoholic that has ruined lives already.