View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
CT4

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
You're probably right. Really if you start pushing him about drinking you become the enemy. I'm sure you already know that his first alliance is to alcohol - above everything, including his family, even himself.

When he's not out drinking at some hotel texting some woman, what's he like? I mean day to day when he is "sober". He just pretends like everything is normal? Does he ever speak of getting help at all?

This is really a horrible situation for you and your child to be in and I am so sorry this is happening to you. All you can do is keep moving forward.

Have you heard of the book Codependent no more by Melody Beattie? Lots of good information in there about boundaries and relationships, you might find some information in there that resonates and is helpful.
Well he’s always been an irritable person. My mother in law calls him a dry drunk. But he also could be the most awesome person too. Prior to a few months ago, when he’s home he’s good. Sometimes a little grumpy and tired but ok. He’s really taken a mental nosedive in the last few months. Picking fights, reclusive and depressed. Then the hotel stuff started frequently too. Now looking back, all the signs were there. Just took me a long time to admit what was happening. He still denies drinking to me. Even though it’s been painfully obvious to everyone that has been around.