View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
gypsytears
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post

😀 I wasn’t a runner either. Someone new to running actually said to me recently, “It’s OK for you. You’re slim and can run OK.” I promised to show them my photo from two years ago.

I should point out there are various forms of triathlon from “sprint” through to “Ironman”. I’m going for the shorter option. I’m certainly not a natural runner, and I can barely swim.

Don’t say “unfathomable” 😃 It doesn’t have to be running or anything sporting, but us ex-drinkers can devote the time we’d wasted on drinking to something far more constructive and challenging.
Point taken. Once upon a time I turned to yoga for meditation, stress relief and to lower my blood pressure. It worked. I took classes all day, every day deepening my practice. I loved it so much I did a year long teacher training program (plus other continuing education courses) and began to teach. Once a week but then 5 times a day, every day of the week. I’m retired now as the wear and tear was too much but I have the same mindset with my other projects which is why I have 1000 bars of handmade soap curing on shelves above my bed . No running for me, I have bad knees and shin splints courtesy of the US Army but good luck with your triathlon. I’ll be cheering from the sidelines .