Thread: "Character Web"
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 10:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oddsunflower

"Character Web"

I am a teacher. I was creating lesson plans last night for a new novel study that I am going to be teaching. One part of the lesson (same as I have done for years) is to create a "character" web" for each of the main characters in the novel. I was making the sample diagram and looking at it and started to cry. You guys...why don't we do these things for the people we are getting into relationships with? I am not talking only romantic but ALL relationships.
You know those activities you did in primary school where you write a noun in the middle then branches to describe the word? It is kind of like that only the name goes in the middle and then there are 4 boxes branching off. The things they are supposed to write about relate only to the character and not the student's personal feelings.

The boxes are 1) Description-this is the physical characteristics. 2) Feelings-what does the character express as feelings 3) Behavior- how does the character act 4) Personality Traits-self explanatory

I wrote alcoholic in the middle and made a Character Web and then I just cried. They say the real teachers never stop learning....I guess I am a real teacher now.