Old 11-30-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Hi Stilpooh,

I’m glad you’re starting to feel better. I am at the same point in my recovery journey as you, I will be four years sober on January 1st. I find Posting no reading on SR daily to be really helpful. I post about how I am doing in the 24 hour thread, and I’ve developed great friendships with other SR members on that thread and several others. I also enjoy offering support to those just starting out in sobriety.

I also deal with anxiety and the two things that have he.led me the most with this are daily walks outdoors (something about exercise and nature combined is calming) and practicing mindfulness. There are lots of apps and you tube videos you can use to help you with mindfulness, but just learning to slow down and remain in the present helps. I have an I watch, and if I am feeling really anxious or stressed I will stop for a moment and find a quiet place to use the breathe feature. Focusing on my breathing helps to calm me and allows me to move forward with my day.

I hope to see you posting more on SR, it’s nice to have another January 2016 peep on here!