Old 11-29-2019, 07:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
stillpooh19

Originally Posted by Matthew123 View Post
Hey stillPooh. Reading this has made me feel better. I’m about to hit 20 months and this has changed my life. I have felt depression, anxiety derealization, cognitive issues, and light sensitivity. I normally have a good month and then I have a bad month and I go through all of those symptoms over and over again. I haven’t been on here in a while because I was feeling good but the past three weeks I’ve been battling another episode. I feel like it’s easing up again but I know it’s not the last time I’ll feel like this.The best thing that helps me is reading this knowing someone else has been in my shoes and has made it out to the other side. Another thing that helps me is on my good days I don’t feel any of the symptoms, But when it comes back I feel like I’m never going to feel good again. I would’ve thought some of the symptoms subsided but they have not yet. I still get bad derealization and anxiety when I’m having episodes and it always follows with light sensitivity.Sometimes I scare myself into thinking that I gave myself some type of brain damage, but I want to make myself believe that it’s just a really bad chemical in balance. I hope you start feel better and I Hope you can put this in the past One day. But by reading what you said I can understand exactly what you’re going through. I don’t even crave alcohol anymore, going through this has even scared me into not wanting to take any medicine, I don’t drink any coffee, and I don’t eat anything with alcohol made in it (most pasta sauces),I wear a certain type of deodorant that has no alcohol in the ingredients, I don’t use hand sanitizer. I do my best to stay away from alcohol anything, it has made me quite paranoid.It’s not a good thing but I tell myself maybe I’ll heal faster if I don’t consume any in anyway. Hope it gets easier for you and hope this is your last episode for a long time. Wish you the best.
I am starting to feel better these days. I have gone from debilitating anxiety waking me up around 5am to sleeping a full 8 hours and being able to function. I did a little research and went back to the health protocol I started when I first got sober. I stopped because I thought I was in the clear, but apparently I still have some work to do. Working on my gut and good brain health to mitigate this experience. This time I will continue as a part of my daily regime. I hope you are feeling better.