SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Ho'oponopono
Thread: Ho'oponopono
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2019, 08:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Wholesome
Be of sober mind

I'm reading the bible for the first time. I was raised totally secular, my parents sort of lived on the wrong side of the law, so no church or praying at my house. I'm reading it backwards and started at the new testament because Jesus is what interests me most, and I was just reading the parable about how the sheep that was found is all the more valuable because of what it took to get it back. I find that so beautiful. I think that's why God allows bad things to happen, because pain is such a powerful teacher, and the harder a thing is to do or overcome, the more valuable the rewards are. Plus what's the point of free will unless it's to give us a chance to choose the Light and the Truth. You choose it despite it all. Choose love instead of hate. Anger and hate and resentment are easy, and they can feel good too, nothing like some righteous anger and indignation, or taking out your wrath. It's hard to repent and take responsibility, and be honest, and turn the other cheek. I really like that Christianity has a savior who shows us mercy and forgiveness and teaches us to do the same.

You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Wholesome is offline   Reply With Quote