Old 11-24-2019, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
j3ss

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and advice. I've been thinking about everything non stop all weekend and I'm still feeling very indecisive about it all. I think I'm going to see how his first clinic session goes and take everything one day at a time. But you're all right - no big decisions need to be made right away.

He's pretty much kept his distance since I found out about it all, but we did talk a little last night. He didn't give me much of a response to any of my questions, apart from the fact that he's sorry and he didn't tell me for years because he didn't want to lose me. He also said that he's been suffering from depression and anxiety because of the addition, which in the past he said stems from work stress and long hours. I've also suffered from work-related anxiety and been on medication while we've been together and I was completely open with him about it all, despite how much of a failure I felt and that I felt that I was the one "letting him down." Which now feels like a punch in the gut considering this new turn of events.

I am worried about his Mum and I "being in charge of his money" because of the stress that comes with it, but for now I know that as long as he doesn't have access to it, he can't use it to buy more. He doesn't have access to my money, and I'm considering changing the PIN codes on my cards since he's used them before (with my consent, but lying about what he was doing with the money he withdrew).

I haven't slept that well and I'm worried about going into work tomorrow (I'm a primary school teacher), because I'm normally not very good at hiding my emotions, so if someone asks me how I am or how my weekend was, I think I might break down in front of everyone.

Once again, thank you for your words. Sending love and hugs back to you all. X