Old 11-23-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The only time I felt physically threatened by my adult addicted son, was when I refused to give him the money he asked me to hold until he was 6 months clean and sober...this was week two and he admittedly wanted to buy drugs.

In the end I gave him it all, told him I would no longer enable or try to control his addiction and I gave him 1 day to leave my home and find another place to stay...or a shelter...or a rehab....his choice.

My point is that we, you, his mom. or I, have absolutely no control of an addict's choices...however bad.

Please protect your money in an account in your name and then protect your bank card well.

Like Suki suggested, take time to take care of you. His actions will show if his words mean anything. He lied to you for years and has proven himself untrustworthy so think seriously if you can ever trust him again. Make a good life for yourself before you decide if you want to share it with him or anybody for a while.

You cannot change the past but you can control your future and make healthy choices for yourself.

Good luck.