View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sam31p

Thanks again all, I responded to the other thread about bereavement a bit earlier. I'm feeling sort of ok today.

Maybe I'm not seeing things clearly, but it just seems to be a no win situation with making progress.

The one thing that's hard to shake is the struggle to give up alcohol. I need to find a way to do it and I'm sure I could how.

Pro's
- No hangovers
- Prevent some health problems in the future?

Con's
- I just have to have even more misery and distress struggling with the symptoms which I really don't think I can cope with at this moment in time.

It all comes down to there is support I badly need and most staff I have seen agree I need that help (Hospital staff, bereavement therapist, disability benefit assessment staff). The staff who could get me that help, gp's, CMHT's and mental health teams simply don't understand my situation though and won't refer me to said help.

It's always so black and white with those teams.... Bereavement issues = Bereavement therapy. Anxiety = CBT. Depression = Meds. When as we all know, life just isn't as black and white as that