Thread: Still uncertain
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
faith823

Originally Posted by RecklessDrunk View Post
Looking at job boards sounds like something productive, a good start.

I hate sales but I considered myself a self employed salesperson after I got fired. One sale to make, myself. To put it mildly I suck at sales, my skill set is totally different.

It was tough. It was summer time and I live sort of near the ocean so I treated myself to half a day per week just relaxing on the beach. On a weekday so it's not too crowded. Other than that I set a strict schedule to try an accomplish my quota of one sale to some employer.

I got up early every morning. Got showered and dressed, even if its shorts and a tank top. Searched job boards. Tweaked my resume. Brushed up on my skills, for me excel tricks vba stuff and what not, dabbled in a new programming language. I read and looked up you tube vids on how to interview better. There is so much free crap out there you can learn, even just on you tube. Kept a list of where I sent resumes, call backs from my resume. It took quite a few calls about my resume to lead to one real interview and I struggled with those bad, but I never gave up.

I now make considerably more than before I got fired. It was not easy for me, it went on for months and months. I went to several meetings per week, ate healthy, exercised, stuck close to God, prayer, meditation, persistence. I was really discouraged at times but I never quit.
Thank you so much! I lost a very high paying gig - (for my field) but it was working from home until midnight and all day Sunday from home.
I lost it fast-
I hope to find something with more structure and less Isolating

Thank you so much. I will never give up.
I just attended a great meeting. Someone received their 33 year chip.
And this particular meeting started in 1962. It was so nice to get out and listen to all the inspiration.