View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
trailmix

I wonder if it's willing him in to your universe or just that he is pretty much on a 4 month rotation of contacting you. A couple more weeks and he would be spot on - April - August - December.

But anyway, he has been doing the work but that didn't stop him ghosting you or kissing some other girl (he was sober when he did that).

Now, again, a few weeks later, he is asking you to trust him (again). His track record is not good. He is working on recovery and has this epiphany to contact you - and oops he sleeps with you then ignores you. You discuss that the relationship needs to be real and with a real future then oops, he kisses some other woman.

He keeps claiming he is on this great path then showing you he is not.

Please protect yourself, I think he has probably caused you enough grief and hurt at this point? I hope you will be really cautious and take this slowly.

Being hurt in this way is really damaging to you. That's really my only concern here by the way. I certainly don't begrudge you happiness whether that is with an alcoholic or someone who never drinks. What I do see though is a guy in early recovery who may not be fully out of that self-centered "thing" that addicts do/are.

I am putting no expectation on this. I just know that I feel relieved that he has reached out and that we are talking again. His absence from me felt more like a dark cloud than when he is with me.
Of course it feels that way because it takes more than a few weeks to separate yourself out of a relationship. You need time to heal from it.

Proceed with lots of caution?