Old 11-19-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

Today was uneventful. I'm going through a low-point at the current time, so I don't set a particularly high standard for what I do or don't get done in any given day.
Today's positive was the evening, where out of frustration, boredom and a general sense of utter uselessness, I started translating the book. Not as if I shouldn't do that anyways, but it hasn't come up on the agenda until tonight. I translated 2 pages in what was probably 3 hours. Given that the book is around 500 pages, that's a grand total of ...*beep boop beep* 750 hours of work. The money for which I have indeed already spent (not splurged, but spent). I'm not going to take issue with the last part, as only a fraction of it went lost in pursuit of 'the bad stuff'.

I guess tomorrow, barring the receipt of any surprise 'paid' work, I will just truck on with the book. Maybe I'll shave off another 2 pages from the total, right? The invisible ceiling for this thing (as enthusiastically set by yours truly) is the 1st of August 2020. That's actually roughly 2 pages every day starting now. Anyways - with this book, I've done more math than translating, so there's ...that.

At least I've confirmed for myself that even if I feel like ****, I don't think about alcohol. Thoughts of it just aren't there, because through some miracle, an understanding of just how much more horrible bad things get with alcohol has cristallised in my brain and so the ol' thought factory simply ignores booze.
Wish I could say the same of cigarettes. Sao, I don't think Champix is for me - not only because I read horror stories of how it negatively affects some people's mental states (and creates thoughts of suicide!), but mostly so. I have a tendency for the depressive although I've been relatively content the past 3 months. However, when it does get bad, it takes everything in me to keep things afloat and not retreat under a blanket indefinitely. I'm keeping my head above water, but there are moments when I would have to add the word 'barely' to that sentence for the sake of full disclosure.

End of Day 190. I did not drink today.