View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Auchieshuggle

Originally Posted by JazV36 View Post
Today is Day 25 sober for me. My anxiety is absolutely out of control. This is a new development. Once I got through the initial withdrawal (with the help of Librium) I was feeling GREAT. Now all of a sudden I’m a mess, don’t want to leave my bed, can barely leave my house to get the kids to the bus stop. My dr is no help. When I saw him for help with alcohol withdrawal he gave me the Librium but made sure I knew that that was all I was getting. He wants me to use the Calm app and meditate and I’ve been trying that but it’s not helping. All I want to do is run to the ER because I’m pretty sure I’m dying. I’m absolutely miserable and don’t know how to live like this.
Originally Posted by ClarkGrizwold View Post
The first few weeks i had to push my self to get out of bed. I literally jumped out of bed and started cleaning the house just to keep my mind busy. If you can try to keep your mind busy it really does help. Do something, anything. Now every morning i jump up and do pushups until my arms feel like they are going to fall off. My Anxiety level started to diminish in 2 days. Im no doctor but execise works! YOU CAN DO IT!
I just wondered how you're both doing? Please let me know. I will try exercise, but have been worrying about my heart, as have suffered palpitations recently.

I have had crippling anxiety all month, which has led to a couple of relapses. I have now drunk three times this month (November 2019) and it is SEVEN DAYS since my last drink, but I have had a very anxious weekend.

I have woken up this morning feeling a little more positive. However I am suffering from agoraphobia and horrible panic attacks at the moment. I will try to force myself out later, though.