Old 11-17-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Fusion

Kk, I have no experience of smoking, only one deep puff, as a child, on my fathers unattended, large cigar. I coughed, spluttered, and sore I’d never ‘smoke’ again, and I didn’t. Sadly, my childhood gulp of my father’s unattended, whiskey tumbler, caused altering eyes, burning moth and a similar pledge. Sadly, years later as a teenager, I as introduced to sweetened alcoholic beverages, tiamaria, vodka and orange, Cointreau etc,......ah well, that’s behind me forever now, after I because hopelessly addicted. I will never drink again.

But, on the cigarette front, I can only relay my alcohol taper method. As you have, I’d select a schedule based on a pre-determined, reducing number of drinks/smokes. I tried countless tapers that failed, the only two tapers that worked, were based on symptom led outcomes. My previous tapers a,ways involved far more drinks, than were necessary to stave off withdrawals.

Therefore, I’d only set a fixed schedule for three days, afterwards, it would be symptoms led. Also, I tried hard to view the drink as a medicine dose, to combat withdrawals only. In addition, I tried to never take a drink dose, in places were I habitually drank, I.e. sofa, bedroom, whilst on laptop, desktop, tablet, bench in garden, by the stream, in the wood copse, walking my dogs (oh sigh). I tried to break the actual ingestion habit, but also the association with place habit. So bathroom. kitchen, etc.

Soooooo, you asked for thoughts, when I didn’t successfully taper, I’d have a schedule that gradually dropped a drink or so a day mWhen I succeeded, I started the schedule at the halfway mark quantity wise. Kk, would your body actually notice a drop fro. 30 to 26, I don’t know because I’ve no experience. But drinking wise, I know my body wouldn’t notice a drop from 30 to 27, BUT my mind would. So my taper dealt with my physical body symptoms mostly, and the mental ones, I tried to overide. Urge surfing is great for this.