View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forester

So now I have been sober for more than 250 days according to my guestimations. Time flies hey.

I still don't feel any cravings or even think of alcohol in any way that involves me drinking it.

Occasionally I still feel some regret for the years that I lost. I apologised to my wife and thanked her for for sticking with me for all those years. I don't know how she felt about this, but it was something that needed to be said. She said "Of course, I love you". I think that means she knows I would stand by her in her time of need as well. Or something. I don't know. But there's no need to dwell anyhow.

My kids are very resilient. They seem to have forgotten that I ever drank and just want to get along with the party of being young. It's business as usual as far as they are concerned. I'm so thankful that I found a way out of drinking before there was any permanent damage done to their growing souls.

I dropped 10 kilos this year, the weight just fell off me. I need to buy new belts for my pants now. Nice.

I'm thankful to this site for being there when I needed to talk and there was no place I felt safe. Especially to you Dee, you were there from the start. Thank you.

So much to be thankful for.