Thread: Here again!
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wombaticus

Originally Posted by clowery0508 View Post
Thank you everyone for all your support. When I told him I went to a counselor he was at first a little agitated at me. He said I thought that was something we could do together. And I told him we can do it together but right now in this moment I need some help. I think he actually for the first time understood. And has agreed he would like to see a counselor by himself and then do some marriage counseling. I gave him some information about who I seen. But told him he had to make the appointment and choose who he wanted to see. I’m not making that decision because then he would just say I found someone to agree with me. If it’s in his control he can’t say that. And he’s all about control right now. But if he is truly honest with a counselor then maybe they can offer some advice that’s not coming from me. And he will actually listen. Who knows. And he may not make an appointment. He has not been belligerent drunk the past few nights. And said he was trying to cut back. That he knew he had a serious problem and knew he was gonna die if he didn’t get control. I’m just praying for him. But am not gonna focus and dwell on the drinking anymore. I have to be healthy and strong for my kids
You rocked this! Giving him some info, standing up and saying you need support...all boundaries for YOU. You have every right to look after yourself and be the best parent you can be.