Thread: Here again!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 10:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by clowery0508 View Post
I was wrong. He doesn稚 really want help. He can now do it on his own and I知 now the bad guy for finding him a detox and outpatient program. How dare I think that he would do something like that. Lecture lecture blah blah blah. I知 the one that needs help. I知 at a loss. Really at a loss. I feel stupid. Like really stupid. I hear and understand what everyone has said. I know the answers. I知 just stupid enough to believe that things could actually change. Nothing will change and again it痴 turned around where I知 the bad guy. I just need to vent. I was so ready. I thought if he really will try and get help I will try and stay and make it work. If not I was leaving. Now he痴 not gonna get help and I知 still here. Why is it so hard. Why do I care so much. Why do I love him so much. I want it to work. I just had so much hope.
So so sorry Clowry. I pretty much second everything Trailmix said.

I'm sure someone saw what was coming and got out easily; I just personally have never heard of it. The situation is so damn complicated and laden with emotions that all of us here had to go through multiple "NO WAIT", "THERE HAS GOT TO BE A WAY" and "Maybe he will change". Your are absolutely not stupid. It is just one hell of a tangle to get one's head and heart around.

I hope you can get to an Alanon meeting and pick up a copy of Codependent No More.

Big hug to you.