Thread: An Update
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OT4Kids

An Update

Well, I haven't been on here for a long time and am back with an update. Yes, I managed to finally let go of my abusive, stealing, ex boyfriend addict. I am still financially paying off a ton of debt in loans that I took out for him. One son turned 18 and so I no longer get child support for him and he lives only with me (refuses to stay with my ex husband.) I also stopped getting alimony since I only received it for 3 years so I am struggling financially.

I am also dealing with other issues. First of all, my son is addicted to marijuana. Secondly, I am addicted to unhealthy relationships. And also I am a hoarder. I have trouble letting go of people and things.

I have been going to therapy regularly and have been taking much better care of my health. I have lost 50 lbs, am eating well, and exercising regularly. I am not as far behind in paperwork at work and am just completing a graduate class to work toward a salary increase. Now I have 10 credits to go to get an increase.

Though I am taking better care of myself my illness is progressive and incurable but not bad enough for me to get disability. It takes all my energy to take care of my kids, work , and take classes. I have to clean out my storage unit that I can't afford. But there aren't enough hours in the day.

I am grateful to have found this group and hope and pray that you are all doing well!