View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
August252015

I don't know about being an addiction but the first thing I thought reading your OP was "People Pleasing!" I'm definitely a pleaser and a giver - and my response has been to work on boundaries.

My first sponsor told me "No." is a complete sentence. I've learned that applies to....anything and everything. For example, overcommitting at work and saying yes to something I can't offer or do yet. I just have to do that. And it was still a little uncomfortable just this past Friday, to lay out in discussion what I can (and excel at) regarding a new social media role I am taking on. I'm excellent at follow up, relationship building, strategy. I'm NOT good at fundraising - asking people for money is just not in my DNA, and to me that's different than sales (which has been my profession for a long time before changing avenues). I also had to layout what social media vehicles I am good at and what I don't yet know about, but will learn and then take over.

If I can look at relationship with clients, bosses, and even coworkers/peers, like I do relationships in non-work then I can better steer away from over-promising and toward executing most effectively.