Thread: Here again!
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kc05

Here again!

So a lot has happened since my last post. I left. Stayed with my parents with my kids. Had no contact for several days. Once we actually talked he made lots of promises. How he was gonna do better. Blah blah blah. I fell for it. And boom. Right back in the same mess. Things did go slightly better for a little bit. We are great when he’s not drinking. Or not drinking so heavily. But immediately after having a drink. He is a totally different person. As am I. I just cringe when I know he’s drinking. Which in turn makes him either mad or he tries harder to act like he’s fine. Which just makes things worse. It’s just a crazy cycle. Anyways we had an argument Friday night. He had a bad day at work and of course came home and got trashed. The argument proceeded over to Saturday. And I said some really mean things. And told him he was out of control with his drinking. He said he would get some help. But he said even if he does quit drinking I wouldn’t be happy. That I would always find something to nag him about. I’m worried maybe I wouldn’t be happy. I have been dealing with this for years. What if I can’t get past everything. I don’t know. And then there’s the trouble he says. Of what kind of help he can get. He works full time and I just work a small job. He’s the breadwinner. He can’t just take off work and go to rehab. What does he do?? He really needs to detox. I think if he could do that with medical supervision. It would be better. Maybe he could see clearly if he was sober? I don’t know. Any advice on getting him help. If he’s asking. I feel like I should try and help?