View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
honeypig

I agree with Velma, there are many jobs where employers can't even find people who will show up on time or at all! Once you've been hired and shown how reliable, self-sufficient, thorough, etc., you are, I think you'll find that more opportunities will open up to you. And as Velma said also, there are many employers looking for holiday help right now. It's a great way to get your foot in the door, establish yourself, and then hopefully be kept on after the holidays are done. At the very least, you'll have some recent work experience and a good reference to boost you on to the next job.

Good luck, and please do let us know how it goes. As someone who's had a rocky year of job change and jobs that didn't pan out, culminating in getting a job for a company that I really, REALLY wanted to work for only to be laid off after 2 weeks of work due to their kitchen being closed for salmonella and subsequent loss of clients (now delivering for Amazon to keep the bills paid, miserable wretched long hours in unsafe vehicles, can't say enough bad about it), I'd love to hear the experiences of a fellow traveler!

Again, best of luck.