Old 11-07-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

I am also one who thinks your daughter should get some voice in VISITATION with her mother, once mom has displayed some responsible behavior. Trust is important and your AXW has so far proven she can't be trusted, she needs to earn that back not just have it handed to her "because".

While I think knowing what you and your daughter's options are is very important. I also think it is important you don't go future tripping, that's a perilous journey. At this point you don't even know if she will finish in-patient let alone have success when she comes out. Her alcoholic brain is nowhere near repaired at this point and just because she wants something doesn't mean you need to put a lot of weight on what she thinks she needs...especially since it isn't a decision that needs to be made right now. There are still far too many unknowns. It's possible your AXW wants to think her daughter is the prize at the end of the sobriety tunnel... but I don't think that's fair to put on the kid.

Breathe woodland... it doesn't need to be figured out right now. You don't have all the facts to be making those kinds of decisions, and you wont for quite a while.