View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
pookielou

DUI... On Purpose?

I haven't posted in a long time. My Ex AH continued his behavior with the other woman until summer of last year. They split because of the drinking and escalating abuse. He pretty much left me and our daughter alone when he was in this relationship. After they split, he started calling DD6 once a week, but didn't ever want to see her and be subject to a breath test (per our mediation agreement).

Fast forward... Ex AH has been charged with excessive DUI and open container. He pleaded not guilty. The charges are less than 30 days old at this point. He is in the time period between charges and trial/sentencing.

He sent me a text last night saying he is sober and done with the drinking. He was picked up on the DUI charge because he wanted to be picked up. Said the only way he would stop drinking is if he went to jail...

He is white knuckling his sobriety, has no plan, and won't seek treatment, counseling, AA, or another type of help. He wants to resume his relationship with DD per our mediation agreement. He hasn't seen our daughter in 4 years!! She's now 7.

I'm so skeptical of what he is saying. He's been an active alcoholic for at least 10 years. Probably longer, but he hid it from me for I don't know how long. One night in jail and he's claiming he's killed his "vice". I'm calling it quacking, but he's a high functioning alcoholic and can sway just about anyone into believing him.

What are your thoughts? Should I chalk this up to BS and not give it any more of my time and attention?