Thread: I am furious!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2019, 11:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
oddsunflower

I am furious!

Deep breath coming here. I have read some posts and looked for the calm I was seeking.
My oldest just called me to tell me that my AH left him a three page note on his car while he was at work. The note uses a lot of "your mom and I" and then messages of disappointment and disapproval. DS read it to me and I told him that those are things that I would never say (Even though they are not exactly off-target) and that he can only choose his reaction to this situation.
They are both in the wrong on this one and have dragged me right into the middle. I was sitting here, so mad at both of them, and not able to think of what I was going to do next. I started thinking what the "old me" would have done and set out not to do any of those things. Sooo...I am doing nothing. Carrying on with my day like it never happened. I said to myself that I was glad I was able to provide a safe place for my son to unload his thoughts but that didn't mean I had to have a reaction to them because they were not mine to own.
I will be here for a bit, just reading through your posts and thinking....I have to keep myself busy until I can actually move forward without making a bad decision.

Thanks for letting me "unload" here....It helps to just say these things to people who get it.