Old 10-18-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sparkleleaf

My guy broke up with me to focus on recovery- I’m shocked

seeing some very common themes on here and it’s helping me a great deal. I too am dealing with a breakup that seemed to come out of nowhere and I’m really hurting. My guy was amazing. He only told he was in recovery a few months into our relationship. I was a little shocked but nothing about his behavior seemed off. He was not quite a year into recovery and I was proud he seemed to be handling it so well. (SO WELL!). Has a demanding job that he handles beautifully and is close with his family. Our relationship was intense from the get go. Was that a sign-I truly don’t know. Then one weekend he just fell off the radar. Apparently feelings of him feeling overwhelmed boiled over. He told me he can’t be in this relationship. I’m so sad. Heartbroken. He said he needed to focus on himself. The hard part of all of this is -(tears welling up) he really really cared about me. Things that were said, actions, he was super invested into this relationship. I’m in shock! I KNOW he needs to focus on himself but it just hurts.. when he was justifying why we cant be together he seemed angry-that I was blaming him. Um? I guess I valued our relationship at very highl level I would never have let it go, BUT my life is not on the line either. I am just lost. I’ve read that people shouldn’t date for a year and it all makes sense but -I’m just heartbroken and lost. If you had asked me before this I would have told you he loved me. Some of my friends tell me I should be happy not to go down this road with him as it will always be difficult. Thankful for the posts I’ve read thus far. I just need my heart to stop hurting.