View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

By the time I scored my drugs and stopped to get high on the way home, took field sobriety test, and actually got tested I was slightly below the legal limit.

They charged me with dwi anyway, then surprise, suprise, suprise, they charged me with felony drug possession as well. I had a decent job in a field where the most important prerequisite is won't steal from you. Today I have a better job.

I had 4 months sober by the time I went before the judge. My lawyer had me document, I think it was 77 aa meetings I made it to and got signed for by then.

I just got to a point where I didn't care anymore what life was going to do to me. I was just going to trust in God and live to serve God. I'm not entitled to a car or a middle class income. I'm lucky God gave me the things that I do have.

The judge was delighted at the progress I seemed to be making in recovery. The prosecution agreed to accept a downgrade to reckless driving, my lawyer argued to reduce the suspension further. The judge not only sided with my lawyer but further reduced the suspension to almost nothing. I live in one of those states that allows you to plead guilty to your first non violent felony with probation and it's not permanent on your record.