Thread: Pinot
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 03:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BackandScared

This summer I went with my kids to climb a mountain. It was the first time they were doing a summit over 3000 metres. I used to do a lot of high mountains. I was eagerly waiting for my kids to be old enough and fit enough to do it together. Since they were very small we have gone a bit higher every year.

I was so excited we could finally go onto the proper mountains, with a bit of light climbing and all.

Guess what? I almost did not make it. I have discovered in horror my mountain days, as I knew them, are gone. I will never do the Kilimanjaro either, which was a big dream of mine. There are things I have done in the past, that I will never do again, for one reason or another. Other things I will not even get to try.

I have accepted alcohol fits the category, with the massive difference that I am not missing out on anything. I have found myself really missing alcohol in specific situations (similar to the one you are describing). The day after I realised I had missed nothing at all. The glass of wine did not change the place (sharing time with your sister, the location, etc). The only thing that changes is how you feel the day after.

I wish you a lovely week ahead