Old 10-13-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Sohard

I try pretty darn hard to do Alcoholic Voice Recognition Technique. Five and a half months sober now. I’m getting better with each hurdle I jump over. I don’t have a Big Plan, though. I wish I did, I just can’t believe in it. Plans (in my mind) can change, so I can’t hold confidently to a BP.

That said, no one can stop me from stopping to recognize my alcoholic voice. It’s a technique I am trying to employ, despite what anyone else tells me.

Okay...clearly AVRT/RR purists disagree with this. To them, I’d say, I totally respect your belief in a BP. And, I respect Tatsy’s belief in a line-in-the-sand with AVRT.
I think we always have to be open to others’ methods/tools/etc. We are not all the same person. That’s why patients with cancer take different amounts of chemo and some don’t go that route at all. We’re different. So I’m okay with us considering things differently. I never want to shut down what someone’s brain is telling them will save them.

AA used to lecture how antidepressants were wrong...but not anymore. Boy we’re they off on their understanding of Mental Health. So, I’m thinking Jack Trimpy (he’s not god ) might’ve been wrong on something he built in the early 1990s.

SMART recovery apparently has a thing similar to AVRT, but called something else. Perhaps AVRT purists would prefer Tatsy (and I) use that term. I don’t think it’s the term that matters, though.

just my thoughts.