Old 10-13-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Joybot

I stopped craving it right away after I was treated for AWS. It is surreal for me to view myself from the the outside looking in.

I see people all around me cheering, laughing, pouring shots, drinking beers,toasting...

And I'm drinking, well, either a glass of water or apple juice. I was there once before not too long ago but I have absolute zero interest or craving for it.

Enough is enough. My doctor just basically said to me: NO MORE ALCOHOL!!! I regret that I screwed it up by becoming dependent on it and broke the glass ceiling. There is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol if you do it moderately. You come home and you crack open a can of beer and there you have it.

I was stupid and just went full blitz on it daily. My Withdrawal was so intense that I was hospitalized for it.

And I came out a bit depressed knowing that I have to take all these prescriptions and knowing my age where I am at now.

I never had to take prescriptions for anything in my life and I often think back to those days where I was just happy, younger, healthier.

And Sobriety is very eye opening. You start to see things from a different perspective. I would see a guy pissed drunk and stumbling around and I thought to myself: I was once that guy.

In addition to my Sobriety, I also am trying to eat well, be good to my body and my heart.