Thread: Pinot
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

It will always miss that, yeah ?

Separating from the desire by recognizing and identifying It as coming from the Beast and not Me, allows me to be comfortable and secure in My decision to abstain.

I never want to be a drunk again, so I don't/won't drink , I know the Beast will never be comfortable with that, so I decided to not care about Its missing, I can sense it , I just decided not to ever care again . Too bad for It, but I don't miss what I don't want.

It always wants more and will always miss not getting any, abstaining is actually not as hard as It tries to make Me feel that it is.

Separation is the key " I thought I was past this" is AV, IT has You fooled by foisting the desire for more booze on You as opposed to You simply recognizing the Beast's desire and disowning it.

"Man was my AV cranked up watching my sister drink booze" is a totally different frame/mindset from " I thought every shred of residual desire would be gone". Isolate the desire and ignore It, and you can be left with a nice evening in front of the fire.