Old 10-12-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Fusion

GT, I appreciate the time you’ve taken to offer me guidance, as I appreciated your posts in Secular Connections in 2016, when I learnt how to apply AVRT., and when I made my Big Plan, which I overrode years later.

Unless you’ve been in that position, you wouldn’t understand my current stance: that a new BP (or real BP as you called it -but how could the original BP not be real at the time I made it?) would simply be AV canon-fodder.

I am resolute in my decision (line in the sand-not a new ‘real’ Big Plan) not to drink, each ‘now’ moment of my life.

RR/AVRT is distilled from the experiences of folks who’ve stopped drinking under their own power. I know this to be true, because three SR members whose posts I’ve found beneficial whilst learning AVRT (Freshstart, MesaMan and Soberlicious) all stopped drinking before encountering RR/AVRT. They realised afterwards, that they’d essentially applied it. I stand to be corrected of course, but my guess is that they didn’t utter the words, I’m making a “Big Plan” today, when they stopped drinking. This is my only point, I am “drawing a line in the sand”, because uttering “Big Plan” would be disingenuous, given that I broke the original one.

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
Tatsy,
AVRT expends zero extra calories, zero extra cents, zero outside support, zero physical movement, and draws a line directly to the simple binary choice of make a Big Plan or set the practice of AVRT aside until that plan is made.
GT
Are you really suggesting I should stop practicing AVRT (and thereby potentially drink ) until I make a Big Plan?