View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

The great thing about online support is I get to really think about what I am going to say usually. Sometimes I am busy or falling asleep when i post and it ends up messy.

I am a loner as well.

I never really wanted to be one, but since I am Hispanic, but look Pakistanis, but don't speak Spanish, but love rock and rap music etc etc etc..I find myself alone.

Drinking was a way to overcome my loneliness because i was busy getting booze, drinking it, being drunk, and then sleeping off...I stayed busy.

Quitting left me with a ton of free time and feeling lonely and bored. I was doomed to relapse. This place saved me.

Now sober a long time I accept my loneliness and do things to feel special. Working out is the main thing. I am in better cardio shape than most weight lifters and stronger than most runners.

I also trained grappling and believe I can handle myself against an attacker if so challenged. Whether or not this is true doesn't matter too much since I have never been attacked or been in a fight for over 40 years.

I am also extremely helpful usually and that is special.

I trust that I am in a special place. I have angels watching over me.

I need to find specialness in myself, even if it is only in my mind.

I don't know if this is the correct thing to do, but I saw it on social media and it seems to work.

I am special in my own way. I don't care what other people think. I am kind and I am special.

Hope this helps you in some way.

Thanks for the therapy.