SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Spiritual Prayers and Thoughts of Recovery ~ Part 5
Old 10-09-2019, 03:57 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Thank you lovelies, I'm a person who used to isolate a lot when I was drinking, I'd avoid answering the door, the phone, avoid going out and speaking to people. Being home alone was my golden opportunity to drink and sleep. I still do have a tendency to hide away when I'm stressed but I watch myself and don't allow myself to slip back. I love my own company these days, I make good use of any time alone, reading, gardening, painting pebbles or just visiting S.R to read and post.
Honeypig I can also struggle to not be judgemental about other people and I also have to work extra hard to battle my resentments,
My strangely wrapped gift is to be able to accept myself as I am and recognise that I am a work in progress and for that I am truly grateful. xxx
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daisybelle For This Useful Post:
Ann (10-10-2019), Hevyn (10-10-2019), honeypig (10-10-2019), Opivotal (10-09-2019), Rusty Zipper (10-10-2019)