View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 05:39 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
abgator

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
As far as public persona or whatever, Brad Pitt is attending AA meetings, and I believe they're open public meetings. I live in LA and have friends who've run into a number of celebrities at AA meetings, there's one in West Hollywood that's notorious. Brad also has been very public about his drinking, the problems its caused him, and his sober journey. He has two HUGE movies out right now.

Not sure how much more "public persona" you can get than that. I'm sure a few people will judge him for having been an alcoholic, but I suspect that far FAR more respect him for his honesty and bravery.
Fans have a very short memory when it comes to celebrities. Definitely far more judgmental of everyday folks than the stars. Take Robert Downey Jr for example. A total junkie at one point in his life, now everybody loves Iron Man. Granted, most of his fans are probably too young to even know about his past.

Still, people tend to criticize the everyday Joe that has real world problems and make excuses for the filthy rich and famous who, for all intents and purposes, have the world by its balls.