Thread: Mental health
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 01:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
kenton

My dad was sectioned and spent a year on a secure pyschiatric ward prior to his death. So, I know what you're going through and you have all my sympathy and support. I still think about the people I met during my hundreds of visits to that ward. What happened to them? To their families? Whenever I'm having a bad day and feeling a little sorry for myself, I think about all the people on that ward. All the new people on that ward who I'll never know but who are constantly trying to navigate a safe path past all the demons hidden deep within their minds. And then I say a quiet thank you for my mental health and for the fact that I can deal with whatever problems life sends my way. What's happening to your mum is awful, truly awful and you are going to have difficult visits ahead. But you can use this experience to gain perspective on your life, your sobriety and your future. This time will pass and it can either take you down or build you up. Great thing is, you get to decide. Sending you loads of strength.