View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thlayli

Yay, adoption! Boo, more drama...

So AH did show up to court today and I am officially the mother of his 11-year-old son. One of the reasons I've (supposedly) stayed in this relationship so long was because of DS even though AH left us the first time when DS was about 2. Birth mother also an addict who officially lost custody last year. I've always been very protective of him and the one constant in his life...now it's legal and official.

Was afraid that AH was going to miss court again...just in general and then because he also showed up to get more of his stuff out of the house the day before court and my parents said he was limping and had a black eye. I asked his sister about it and she pointed me to a FB post (I've unfollowed him). He got drunk 2 nights ago and tried to urinate in a clump of trees which turned out to be treetops and he fell over a 12-15 foot wall into a wooded area. Aside from the black eye he has two cracked ribs, partially collapsed lung/pneumothorax, and 5 fractures to 5 different vertebrae (compression fracture T9, fracture of transverse processes on L1 to L4). He'll be off work for at least 2 months recovering (he's an LPN and works with bedridden people). My next stressor will be visitation. I don't think DS needs to be spending the night with him since he is unstable. He says he's starting AA again and got mad at me for noting that he would have time now to attend the intensive outpatient program that several doctors have suggested he go to.

I'm tired and overwhelmed with feelings tonight. Happy that I'm officially Mom now thought